We are now trading at our usual hours
Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 1pm
Retail store is open to customers in a designated area. Phone/Text or Email orders are still available for delivery within city limits if you prefer.
Getting Your Swimming Pool Ready for a Gisborne Summer..........
Pool Start Up:
- If your pool has been ‘Winterised’ then follow these easy steps to trouble free, safe, sparkling water...
- Remove & store pool cover debris cover (if applicable)
- Check and empty skimmer and pump baskets, replace any that are split.
- Check & lube pump/filter O’rings & gaskets in regular use. Use a silicone lube such as ‘Hydraslip’ or ‘Super Lube’ Replace any O’rings that come off ‘black’ on your hands, they are perished and will cause problems.
- Scoop out leaves & any large debris - do not try & put these through the vacuum! Brush pool walls, floor & steps.
- Vacuum the pool as required & then backwash the filter.
- Apply ‘Natural Filter Cleaner & Degreaser’ as a pre season treatment as per instructions on packet (we recommend this at least 6 monthly to extend the life of the filter sand).
- Take a sample of pool water for water balancing prior to ‘shock dosing’ the pool. Bring this in the same day for testing.
- Start running pump daily & extend filter time to suit the pool & filter system (possibly 4-6 hours initially) for good circulation. Run the filter system in one continuous run & increase the filter time as it warms up & the pool is used more. Up to 8-10 hrs may be required depending on the pool requirements - see us for what's best for you.
- Shock dose pool @ approx 250g chlorine per 25,000l or 1 Bag ‘Pool Shock Dose’ per 50,000l of pool water. Apply an initial dose of algae inhibitor for algae prevention
- ‘Chemically balance’ the pool water as per analysis printout. Maintaining good water balance aids chemical use & protects both the pool surface, equipment & bathers.
- Even if you are not swimming yet - start your 3 STEP programme straight away! Sanitize continously with Trichlor Tablets. Oxidise or Shock dose periodically (1-2 weeks). Prevent Algae with a regular dose of algae inhibitor. Actual dosing needs can be stepped up or down depending on pool temperature. See us instore for what's best suited for you and your pool.
- Run filter daily as above.
- Check skimmer & pump baskets regularly & scoop leaves, debris as required.
- Vacuum pool as required (usually every 1-2 weeks) & backwash the filter afterwards or as required.
- Brush pool walls/steps regularly to groom the pool & aid circulation/distribution of chemicals - this eliminates ‘dead spots’ in your pool. (The more use your pool has the less you will need to do this)
- Test pool water at least weekly with home test kit for chlorine, pH, alkalinity.
- Bring in a water sample monthly for full lab analysis - this avoids guesswork for maintaining good water chemistry.
- Thank you for Winterising your pool & happy swimming!